CPI-M politburo to discuss Lokpal, Land Bills
Kolkata: Lokpal and Land Acquisition Bill
besides an outline of the draft political resolution on the guidelines for the party congress in Kerala in 2012 will be discussed at the one-day CPI-M politburo meeting here Friday.
"The draft political resolution on the guidelines for next
year`s party congress in Kerala will be outlined," CPI(M) All
India General Secretary Prakash Karat said before the meeting
commenced in the party`s state headquarters here.
Politburo member and CPI(M) Rajya Sabha member from West
Bengal Sitaram Yechuri told reporters, "We will discuss our
stand on the Land Acquisition Act 1894 amendment bill apart
from the the Lokpal Bill, Communal violence Bill and Food
Asked how important is this politburo meeting in view of
the electoral debacle of the party in Kerala and West Bengal,
Yechuri said, "All politburo meetings are important."
Former Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who had
earlier skipped several politburo meetings, was present today
along with CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America