CPI-M politburo to discuss Lokpal, Land Bills
Kolkata: Lokpal and Land Acquisition Bill
besides an outline of the draft political resolution on the guidelines for the party congress in Kerala in 2012 will be discussed at the one-day CPI-M politburo meeting here Friday.
"The draft political resolution on the guidelines for next
year`s party congress in Kerala will be outlined," CPI(M) All
India General Secretary Prakash Karat said before the meeting
commenced in the party`s state headquarters here.
Politburo member and CPI(M) Rajya Sabha member from West
Bengal Sitaram Yechuri told reporters, "We will discuss our
stand on the Land Acquisition Act 1894 amendment bill apart
from the the Lokpal Bill, Communal violence Bill and Food
Asked how important is this politburo meeting in view of
the electoral debacle of the party in Kerala and West Bengal,
Yechuri said, "All politburo meetings are important."
Former Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who had
earlier skipped several politburo meetings, was present today
along with CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday