CPI-M slams diesel price hike by Centre
Kolkata: Slamming the Centre for hiking the price of diesel and restricting supply of cooking gas, CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat Friday said his party will hold discussions with other parties on organising a stir to press for roll back.
"Both the decisions of hiking the diesel price and restricting the supply of subsidised cooking to six cylinders per household in a year are going to hit the common people badly," he told reporters at the airport here.
"CPI-M has already strongly criticised the decision of the Centre. We are going to discuss with other parties as to how to organise a common movement to demand the rollback of the decision," he said.
Karat was here in connection with a CPI-M state committee meeting.
The government yesterday hiked diesel prices by a steep Rs 5.62 per litre and restricted the supply of subsidised cooking gas to 6 cylinders per household in a year to fetch an additional Rs 20,300 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate