CPI-M slams diesel price hike by Centre
Kolkata: Slamming the Centre for hiking the price of diesel and restricting supply of cooking gas, CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat Friday said his party will hold discussions with other parties on organising a stir to press for roll back.
"Both the decisions of hiking the diesel price and restricting the supply of subsidised cooking to six cylinders per household in a year are going to hit the common people badly," he told reporters at the airport here.
"CPI-M has already strongly criticised the decision of the Centre. We are going to discuss with other parties as to how to organise a common movement to demand the rollback of the decision," he said.
Karat was here in connection with a CPI-M state committee meeting.
The government yesterday hiked diesel prices by a steep Rs 5.62 per litre and restricted the supply of subsidised cooking gas to 6 cylinders per household in a year to fetch an additional Rs 20,300 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician
- What happened when Deepika Padukone met a boy who was disappointed over results! – Details inside