CPI-M takes a dig at SP`s Third Front call
New Delhi: In an indirect attack on the Samajwadi Party (SP), the CPI-M said on Thursday that non-Congress and non-BJP parties should not form a new front only to share "the spoils of office".
"The non-Congress, non-BJP secular parties (should) give up their political opportunism of forming a front merely for the sake of sharing the spoils of office," the CPI-M journal "People`s Democracy" said.
Such a front should come up to form "a government that will implement alternative policies which will significantly improve the livelihood conditions of our people and create a ‘Better India` for all Indians".
The Communist Party of India-Marxist editorial did not name any political party but it followed recent calls by SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav to form a Third Front ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
The CPI-M editorial said it was important that political struggles must be carried out to force a change in government policies.
It said that people won`t get relief "merely from a non-Congress, non-BJP government.
"Relief can only come through alternate policies. What the people require, therefore, is not merely an alternate government but a government that can implement an alternate pro-people policy direction."
It said the reason why parties like the SP that continue to bail out the Congress-led UPA government still talk about a Third Front "is because there is pressure from the SP`s own political and social base for a change that will provide people some relief from their present miserable conditions of existence.
"The economic slowdown, the relentless rise in prices of all commodities, the deepening agrarian distress - are all combining to mount unprecedented agonies on the people.
"The people`s cries for relief and a better livelihood find such political expressions of a `Third Front` government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!