CPI-ML calls nation-wide strike on Apr 27
Patna: CPI (ML) Liberation will observe a
nation-wide strike on April 27, coinciding with the bandh call
by Left parties to protest against UPA government`s "failure"
to control escalating prices and ensure food security for the
"We have decided to call a separate nation-wide general
strike on April 27 on these issues," party general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The working class and the poor are reeling due to
unabated rising prices of food and essential commodities and
the Congress-led UPA government failed to protect the poor
from the impact, he alleged.
Bhattacharya also castigated the Centre for its alleged
move to privatise public sector enterprises, includng banking,
telecom, insurance, transport, Railways and health.
CPI-ML, he said, would hold a farmers` rally here on May
10 to press for the just rights of peasants and sharecroppers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record