CPI-ML calls nation-wide strike on Apr 27
Patna: CPI (ML) Liberation will observe a
nation-wide strike on April 27, coinciding with the bandh call
by Left parties to protest against UPA government`s "failure"
to control escalating prices and ensure food security for the
"We have decided to call a separate nation-wide general
strike on April 27 on these issues," party general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The working class and the poor are reeling due to
unabated rising prices of food and essential commodities and
the Congress-led UPA government failed to protect the poor
from the impact, he alleged.
Bhattacharya also castigated the Centre for its alleged
move to privatise public sector enterprises, includng banking,
telecom, insurance, transport, Railways and health.
CPI-ML, he said, would hold a farmers` rally here on May
10 to press for the just rights of peasants and sharecroppers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India