CPI-ML calls nation-wide strike on Apr 27
Patna: CPI (ML) Liberation will observe a
nation-wide strike on April 27, coinciding with the bandh call
by Left parties to protest against UPA government`s "failure"
to control escalating prices and ensure food security for the
"We have decided to call a separate nation-wide general
strike on April 27 on these issues," party general secretary
Dipankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The working class and the poor are reeling due to
unabated rising prices of food and essential commodities and
the Congress-led UPA government failed to protect the poor
from the impact, he alleged.
Bhattacharya also castigated the Centre for its alleged
move to privatise public sector enterprises, includng banking,
telecom, insurance, transport, Railways and health.
CPI-ML, he said, would hold a farmers` rally here on May
10 to press for the just rights of peasants and sharecroppers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video