CPI-ML(L) to abstain from voting in Prez polls
Patna: CPI-ML(Liberation) will abstain from the July 16 presidential polls, its general secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya said on Sunday.
Defending the party`s decision, Bhattacharya said the presidential poll is not merely election of a person to the top post but also a vote for policies and programmes of political parties contesting this election.
CPI-ML(L), he said, has decided to abstain from the presidential election as it disapproved of policies and programmes of both UPA and NDA.
The party does not support UPA`s presidential candididate Pranab Mukherjee as he is part of the incumbent central government whose economic and foreign policies pushed the country to severe economic crisis and presided over a series of scams, besides meekly surrendering before the U.S and its policies.
The NDA is no different from UPA as its policy decisions on economy, foreign, agriculture and trade while it was in power at the Centre were detrimental to the interests of the country and its people, Bhattacharya said.
The UPA government had inherited its predecessor`s economic and foreign policies and sustained them during its rule.
"The adverse impact of economic and foreign policies of the two governments is there for all to see as the country is reeling under economic crisis affecting the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog