CPI-ML(L) to abstain from voting in Prez polls
Patna: CPI-ML(Liberation) will abstain from the July 16 presidential polls, its general secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya said on Sunday.
Defending the party`s decision, Bhattacharya said the presidential poll is not merely election of a person to the top post but also a vote for policies and programmes of political parties contesting this election.
CPI-ML(L), he said, has decided to abstain from the presidential election as it disapproved of policies and programmes of both UPA and NDA.
The party does not support UPA`s presidential candididate Pranab Mukherjee as he is part of the incumbent central government whose economic and foreign policies pushed the country to severe economic crisis and presided over a series of scams, besides meekly surrendering before the U.S and its policies.
The NDA is no different from UPA as its policy decisions on economy, foreign, agriculture and trade while it was in power at the Centre were detrimental to the interests of the country and its people, Bhattacharya said.
The UPA government had inherited its predecessor`s economic and foreign policies and sustained them during its rule.
"The adverse impact of economic and foreign policies of the two governments is there for all to see as the country is reeling under economic crisis affecting the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad