CPI seeks Indian intervention to prevent US attack
Lucknow: The CPI on Sunday sought immediate intervention by India to prevent a possible US attack on Syria, saying that this may lead to economic and political instability in the region, and affect country`s interests also as a large number Indians work there.
"Indian government and Parliament should immediately intervene to prevent US attack on Syria. PM Manmohan Singh should talk to US President on the issue," party`s national secretary Atul Kumar Anjan said in Mau district.
He said the attack will lead to economic and political instability in the region, and India will also face its adverse effect as over 35 lakh people from the country work in the region.
"US had made similar grounds against Saddam Hussain but later after the attack it (the charges) could not be substantiated. Now they have charged Syria with using chemical weapons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt