CPI seeks Indian intervention to prevent US attack
Lucknow: The CPI on Sunday sought immediate intervention by India to prevent a possible US attack on Syria, saying that this may lead to economic and political instability in the region, and affect country`s interests also as a large number Indians work there.
"Indian government and Parliament should immediately intervene to prevent US attack on Syria. PM Manmohan Singh should talk to US President on the issue," party`s national secretary Atul Kumar Anjan said in Mau district.
He said the attack will lead to economic and political instability in the region, and India will also face its adverse effect as over 35 lakh people from the country work in the region.
"US had made similar grounds against Saddam Hussain but later after the attack it (the charges) could not be substantiated. Now they have charged Syria with using chemical weapons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre