CPI to contest 60 to 62 seats in Bihar assembly polls
Patna: The CPI today released the list of 55
party nominees for the six-phase Bihar assembly elections.
CPI Bihar unit secretary B N LaL while releasing the list
of party nominees here said the three Left parties (CPI,
CPI-ML and CPI(M)) had entered into an agreement on 140 out of
243 assembly seats in Bihar.
Lal said that while the CPI-ML had released a list of 48
candidates for the first three phases of the assembly polls
commencing on October 21, we (CPI) want to contest 60 to 62
seats on our own strength in the six phase polls.
Asked if the party`s decision to contest 62 seats on its
own strength would not affect the Left unity, Lal said the
(CPI-ML, CPI(M) and CPI) had decided to contest 140 in total
seat agreement and on the rest 103 seats the CPI will be
having friendly fight with the CPI-ML on 17 seats and with the
CPI-M on seven seats.
The party feels that smaller left parties like the SUCI,
RSP and Forward Bloc too should be given a few seats.
Lal said that party had renominated sitting MLA from
Harlakhi in Bihar`s Madhubani district, the party MLA from
Barauni Rajendra Prasad Singh had expressed his unwillingness
to contest the polls due to his ill health and hence he had
been replaced by Ram Ratan Singh.
The party gave the party symbol to Suryakant Paswan from
Bakhri (SC) constituency in Bihar`s Begusarai district after
the sitting party MLA Ram Vinod Paswan switched over to the
LJP, Lal said
Lal said the party given tickets to Muslims (5), Dalits
(7),ST (2), SC (7), OBCs (17) and EBCs (6) and the rest seats
have gone to other sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM