CPI to contest 60 to 62 seats in Bihar assembly polls
Patna: The CPI today released the list of 55
party nominees for the six-phase Bihar assembly elections.
CPI Bihar unit secretary B N LaL while releasing the list
of party nominees here said the three Left parties (CPI,
CPI-ML and CPI(M)) had entered into an agreement on 140 out of
243 assembly seats in Bihar.
Lal said that while the CPI-ML had released a list of 48
candidates for the first three phases of the assembly polls
commencing on October 21, we (CPI) want to contest 60 to 62
seats on our own strength in the six phase polls.
Asked if the party`s decision to contest 62 seats on its
own strength would not affect the Left unity, Lal said the
(CPI-ML, CPI(M) and CPI) had decided to contest 140 in total
seat agreement and on the rest 103 seats the CPI will be
having friendly fight with the CPI-ML on 17 seats and with the
CPI-M on seven seats.
The party feels that smaller left parties like the SUCI,
RSP and Forward Bloc too should be given a few seats.
Lal said that party had renominated sitting MLA from
Harlakhi in Bihar`s Madhubani district, the party MLA from
Barauni Rajendra Prasad Singh had expressed his unwillingness
to contest the polls due to his ill health and hence he had
been replaced by Ram Ratan Singh.
The party gave the party symbol to Suryakant Paswan from
Bakhri (SC) constituency in Bihar`s Begusarai district after
the sitting party MLA Ram Vinod Paswan switched over to the
LJP, Lal said
Lal said the party given tickets to Muslims (5), Dalits
(7),ST (2), SC (7), OBCs (17) and EBCs (6) and the rest seats
have gone to other sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened