CPI to contest 60 to 62 seats in Bihar assembly polls
Patna: The CPI today released the list of 55
party nominees for the six-phase Bihar assembly elections.
CPI Bihar unit secretary B N LaL while releasing the list
of party nominees here said the three Left parties (CPI,
CPI-ML and CPI(M)) had entered into an agreement on 140 out of
243 assembly seats in Bihar.
Lal said that while the CPI-ML had released a list of 48
candidates for the first three phases of the assembly polls
commencing on October 21, we (CPI) want to contest 60 to 62
seats on our own strength in the six phase polls.
Asked if the party`s decision to contest 62 seats on its
own strength would not affect the Left unity, Lal said the
(CPI-ML, CPI(M) and CPI) had decided to contest 140 in total
seat agreement and on the rest 103 seats the CPI will be
having friendly fight with the CPI-ML on 17 seats and with the
CPI-M on seven seats.
The party feels that smaller left parties like the SUCI,
RSP and Forward Bloc too should be given a few seats.
Lal said that party had renominated sitting MLA from
Harlakhi in Bihar`s Madhubani district, the party MLA from
Barauni Rajendra Prasad Singh had expressed his unwillingness
to contest the polls due to his ill health and hence he had
been replaced by Ram Ratan Singh.
The party gave the party symbol to Suryakant Paswan from
Bakhri (SC) constituency in Bihar`s Begusarai district after
the sitting party MLA Ram Vinod Paswan switched over to the
LJP, Lal said
Lal said the party given tickets to Muslims (5), Dalits
(7),ST (2), SC (7), OBCs (17) and EBCs (6) and the rest seats
have gone to other sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill