CPI to continue opposing FDI
Mumbai: The Communist Party of India (CPI) today said that it will continue its opposition against FDI in retail.
"We will continue our opposition against FDI in retail. If the voting takes place on FDI in Parliament, then we will vote against it," Gurudas Dasgupta told reporters here.
With the stalemate in Parliament continuing over the FDI issue, Dasgupta said, "We feel it`s wrong not to allow Parliament to function. The intentions of some parties not to allow the Parliament to function is wrong," the CPI leader said.
Meanwhile, CPI, during the ongoing AITUC`s 40th national convention, will demand from the government to publish a white-paper on the present economic situation.
Addressing a rally on the first day of the convention, Dasgupta alleged that the government has given a "free hand" to private companies and does not take any action against them.
"Inflation is not the main issue...Economic crisis and unemployment are the main issues before the country," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says