CPI to continue opposing FDI
Mumbai: The Communist Party of India (CPI) today said that it will continue its opposition against FDI in retail.
"We will continue our opposition against FDI in retail. If the voting takes place on FDI in Parliament, then we will vote against it," Gurudas Dasgupta told reporters here.
With the stalemate in Parliament continuing over the FDI issue, Dasgupta said, "We feel it`s wrong not to allow Parliament to function. The intentions of some parties not to allow the Parliament to function is wrong," the CPI leader said.
Meanwhile, CPI, during the ongoing AITUC`s 40th national convention, will demand from the government to publish a white-paper on the present economic situation.
Addressing a rally on the first day of the convention, Dasgupta alleged that the government has given a "free hand" to private companies and does not take any action against them.
"Inflation is not the main issue...Economic crisis and unemployment are the main issues before the country," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack