CPI to support alternative front
Patna: CPI will become part of or support an alternative front if it comes to power after the next Lok Sabha elections, senior party leader A B Bardhan said on Sunday.
"There is least possibility of a coalition headed by Congress or BJP winning enough seats to form a government. In that circumstance, if any alternative front is formed, CPI could become part of it or support it from outside on the basis of common minimum programme," Bardhan told reporters here.
To a question on the announcement of prime ministerial candidate before polls, he said, "voters do not cast votes watching the face of a possible Prime Minister. Party or coalition should seek vote on the basis of its policies."
On the issue Chinese incursion in India, he said the Central government should talk to China in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them