CPI to support alternative front
Patna: CPI will become part of or support an alternative front if it comes to power after the next Lok Sabha elections, senior party leader A B Bardhan said on Sunday.
"There is least possibility of a coalition headed by Congress or BJP winning enough seats to form a government. In that circumstance, if any alternative front is formed, CPI could become part of it or support it from outside on the basis of common minimum programme," Bardhan told reporters here.
To a question on the announcement of prime ministerial candidate before polls, he said, "voters do not cast votes watching the face of a possible Prime Minister. Party or coalition should seek vote on the basis of its policies."
On the issue Chinese incursion in India, he said the Central government should talk to China in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal