CPI to support alternative front
Patna: CPI will become part of or support an alternative front if it comes to power after the next Lok Sabha elections, senior party leader A B Bardhan said on Sunday.
"There is least possibility of a coalition headed by Congress or BJP winning enough seats to form a government. In that circumstance, if any alternative front is formed, CPI could become part of it or support it from outside on the basis of common minimum programme," Bardhan told reporters here.
To a question on the announcement of prime ministerial candidate before polls, he said, "voters do not cast votes watching the face of a possible Prime Minister. Party or coalition should seek vote on the basis of its policies."
On the issue Chinese incursion in India, he said the Central government should talk to China in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump