CPI to support alternative front
Patna: CPI will become part of or support an alternative front if it comes to power after the next Lok Sabha elections, senior party leader A B Bardhan said on Sunday.
"There is least possibility of a coalition headed by Congress or BJP winning enough seats to form a government. In that circumstance, if any alternative front is formed, CPI could become part of it or support it from outside on the basis of common minimum programme," Bardhan told reporters here.
To a question on the announcement of prime ministerial candidate before polls, he said, "voters do not cast votes watching the face of a possible Prime Minister. Party or coalition should seek vote on the basis of its policies."
On the issue Chinese incursion in India, he said the Central government should talk to China in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi