CPI welcomes cricket diplomacy
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI on Wednesday welcomed
the cricket diplomacy and talks between Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza
Gilani on the sidelines of the World Cup semi-final match
between the two countries at Mohali.
"It is a good initiative which will be a beginning for
further talks," CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan, who is in
Kerala to campaign for LDF in the April 13 assembly polls,
However, he also added "many hurdles have to be crossed to
resolve the problems between India and Pakistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan