CPI wishes `encounter specialist’ Narendra Modi on 64th birthday
New Delhi: Communist Party of India (CPI) leader Atul Kumar Anjan on Tuesday labelled Bharatiya Janata Party’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as an ‘encounter specialist’, and spitefully congratulated the Gujarat Chief Minister on his birthday for being a ‘political murderer.’
“Today is his birthday, it is the birthday of an encounter specialist. In his own party he has done several killings and silent killings,” Anjan said.
“Like in Mumbai you have encounter specialists, from the soil of Gandhi ji who set out to unite the country, you have Modi who is trying to break the country.
"In the form of an encounter specialist, he wants to make the yatra from Ahmedabad to New Delhi. On Narendra Modi’s birthday, I congratulate him for the flood of political murders that he has committed,” he added.
Meanwhile, Gujarat Chief Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who turned 63 on Tuesday, met his mother Hiraben here to seek her blessings.
"This is one of life`s great opportunities, a mother`s blessings," Modi told media after meeting his 94-year-old mother. He further thanked his supporters and followers across the nation for their greetings.
"I have faith that people`s blessings won`t go waste, it will give me strength to go on with my work." BJP on Friday announced Modi as its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
The announcement came after a meeting of the party`s parliamentary board in Delhi, which unanimously decided to project Modi as the prime ministerial candidate. Modi assured his party workers and supporters that he would leave no stone unturned in ensuring that the BJP emerges victorious in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. "With the blessings of the national leadership and love of the party workers, I am sure we will win," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert