CPI(M) calls for resumption of Indo-Pak dialogue
Srinagar: Calling for the resumption of structured dialogue between India and Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues, Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI(M) today said both the countries should appreciate the phenomenal societal change across the border and shed the old ways of thinking.
"Now the time has come that rigidities must be replaced with bonhomie and both the governments should realise urgency of this commitment and make serious efforts to move forward and revamp the stalled peace process," CPI (M) State Secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement after addressing a party convention at Khanbal in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
The CPI(M) leader said the people of Kashmir are forced to bear the brunt of disruptions in Indo-Pak dialogue.
"I urge India and Pakistan to appreciate the phenomenal societal change across the border and shed old ways of thinking," he said.
Tarigami said the "resolution of Kashmir issue" is in the interest of both the countries and the same has the potential to bring peace and prosperity in South Asia.
"It is ironic that resources which need to be utilised for the welfare of the poor and the hungry are being used to keep vigil on glaciers. The two countries should end the path of confrontation and go for reconciliation to resolve all outstanding issues including Siachen, Sir Creek and Kashmir," he said.
He said with the new government in Pakistan, people across the border are looking for a fresh and refreshing approach in foreign relations of the two countries.
"In order to restore the lost mutual confidence, the two countries need at least, to resolve less contentious issues to pave way for resolution of other outstanding matters," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!