CPI(M) calls for resumption of Indo-Pak dialogue
Srinagar: Calling for the resumption of structured dialogue between India and Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues, Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI(M) today said both the countries should appreciate the phenomenal societal change across the border and shed the old ways of thinking.
"Now the time has come that rigidities must be replaced with bonhomie and both the governments should realise urgency of this commitment and make serious efforts to move forward and revamp the stalled peace process," CPI (M) State Secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement after addressing a party convention at Khanbal in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
The CPI(M) leader said the people of Kashmir are forced to bear the brunt of disruptions in Indo-Pak dialogue.
"I urge India and Pakistan to appreciate the phenomenal societal change across the border and shed old ways of thinking," he said.
Tarigami said the "resolution of Kashmir issue" is in the interest of both the countries and the same has the potential to bring peace and prosperity in South Asia.
"It is ironic that resources which need to be utilised for the welfare of the poor and the hungry are being used to keep vigil on glaciers. The two countries should end the path of confrontation and go for reconciliation to resolve all outstanding issues including Siachen, Sir Creek and Kashmir," he said.
He said with the new government in Pakistan, people across the border are looking for a fresh and refreshing approach in foreign relations of the two countries.
"In order to restore the lost mutual confidence, the two countries need at least, to resolve less contentious issues to pave way for resolution of other outstanding matters," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17