CPI(M) claims to be alternative for masses in 2014 polls
Amritsar: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Monday claimed that only the Communists can provide an alternative before the nation in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat, while starting the third-leg of `Sangharsh Yatra` from here, termed both the BJP and Congress as "corrupt" and "anti-people", and said her party is striving hard to reach out the people.
"Both Congress and BJP are corrupt and anti- people. They have detached themselves from the general masses and we have started the Yatra today to reach out to the people," Karat said.
Asked about Gujarat Chief Minister Narnedra Modi being touted as next prime minister, she termed it a "wishful thinking" of BJP and Modi himself, which will never turn out to be true.
"The people have rejected the Hindutva in the country and BJP will face a crushing defeat in the next elections," said Karat.
Alleging that the recent General Budget had doled out more than Rs 2 lakh crore in the form of tax concessions to the rich, she said scanty sums have been alloted for vital sectors like rural development, health and education.
Later, she paid tributes to the martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh and flagged off the rally.
Talking about the `Yatra`, she said, "This Yatra is to highlight the party`s stand on various issues that are confronting the country in general and poor in particular."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory