CPI(M) claims to be alternative for masses in 2014 polls
Amritsar: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Monday claimed that only the Communists can provide an alternative before the nation in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat, while starting the third-leg of `Sangharsh Yatra` from here, termed both the BJP and Congress as "corrupt" and "anti-people", and said her party is striving hard to reach out the people.
"Both Congress and BJP are corrupt and anti- people. They have detached themselves from the general masses and we have started the Yatra today to reach out to the people," Karat said.
Asked about Gujarat Chief Minister Narnedra Modi being touted as next prime minister, she termed it a "wishful thinking" of BJP and Modi himself, which will never turn out to be true.
"The people have rejected the Hindutva in the country and BJP will face a crushing defeat in the next elections," said Karat.
Alleging that the recent General Budget had doled out more than Rs 2 lakh crore in the form of tax concessions to the rich, she said scanty sums have been alloted for vital sectors like rural development, health and education.
Later, she paid tributes to the martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh and flagged off the rally.
Talking about the `Yatra`, she said, "This Yatra is to highlight the party`s stand on various issues that are confronting the country in general and poor in particular."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi