CPI(M) demands probe into V K Singh`s remarks on Army funding
New Delhi: CPI(M) Wednesday demanded a probe into former Army chief V K Singh`s remarks that ministers in Jammu and Kashmir were given money by the Army, saying they have serious political implications.
"The reports that a unit of military intelligence has financed certain ministers in Jammu and Kashmir has serious implications for the democratic political process," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
It said the central government "should institute a credible enquiry into the matter."
The controversial general, who stepped down as the Army chief in May last year, created a political storm with his statements that ministers in the trouble-torn state had been paid by the army since independence, prompting sharp reaction from ruling National Conference and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam