CPI(M) demands probe into V K Singh`s remarks on Army funding
New Delhi: CPI(M) Wednesday demanded a probe into former Army chief V K Singh`s remarks that ministers in Jammu and Kashmir were given money by the Army, saying they have serious political implications.
"The reports that a unit of military intelligence has financed certain ministers in Jammu and Kashmir has serious implications for the democratic political process," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
It said the central government "should institute a credible enquiry into the matter."
The controversial general, who stepped down as the Army chief in May last year, created a political storm with his statements that ministers in the trouble-torn state had been paid by the army since independence, prompting sharp reaction from ruling National Conference and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’