CPI(M) holds discussions on poll debacle
Hyderabad: The CPI(M)`s central committee on Saturday started deliberations on the party`s poll debacle in West Bengal and Kerala to draw up a road map for the future.
"Discussions have began. Basically, reports have come in
from Kerala, West Bengal and other states," CPI(M) politburo
member Sitaram Yechury told reporters.
The central committee and politburo of the party are
discussing the outcome of the Assembly elections, the
prevailing political situation in the country and the party`s
action plan for the future, he said.
The party is likely to make an announcement after the end
of the three-day deliberations tomorrow evening.
The CPI(M) politburo met yesterday while the central
committee meeting is being held today and tomorrow.
Meanwhile, CPI(M) politburo member and Left Front
chairman in West Bengal Biman Bose slammed the Mamata Banarjee
Government in the state over the Ordinance for returning the
land to unwilling farmers in Singur.
"Assembly is in session. Without knowing Constitutional
clauses they did all this. Constitution does not permit this,"
Bose told reporters.
CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat said he will
address the media tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love