CPI(M) patriarch Jyoti Basu`s condition still critical
Kolkata: The condition of CPI(M) patriarch
Jyoti Basu, admitted to a hospital here with pneumonia 10
days ago, continued to remain critical, hospital sources
The level of creatine and urea which define the condition
of the kidney is less than normal and doctors are closely
monitoring the situation, a source said.
When asked whether there is any need for dialysis, the
sources said, "Doctors will analyse the situation later in the
day and decide the further course of action".
They, however, said, the white blood cell count of Basu
had increased more than required and existence of extra fluid
in the body might have a critical effect on his health.
Dr Sushrut Bandyopadhyay, a member of the medical board
constituted to monitor Basu`s condition, refused to comment on
"I cannot say anything now," Bandyopadhyay told reporters
Basu, who will complete 96 years on July 8, was admitted
to the private hospital in Salt Lake with pneumonia on January
one and since then his condition remained critical.
The medical board will meet at 11.00 am to analyse the
latest condition of Basu and a medical bulletin will be issued
at 12.00 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn