CPI(M) patriarch Jyoti Basu`s condition still critical
Kolkata: The condition of CPI(M) patriarch
Jyoti Basu, admitted to a hospital here with pneumonia 10
days ago, continued to remain critical, hospital sources
The level of creatine and urea which define the condition
of the kidney is less than normal and doctors are closely
monitoring the situation, a source said.
When asked whether there is any need for dialysis, the
sources said, "Doctors will analyse the situation later in the
day and decide the further course of action".
They, however, said, the white blood cell count of Basu
had increased more than required and existence of extra fluid
in the body might have a critical effect on his health.
Dr Sushrut Bandyopadhyay, a member of the medical board
constituted to monitor Basu`s condition, refused to comment on
"I cannot say anything now," Bandyopadhyay told reporters
Basu, who will complete 96 years on July 8, was admitted
to the private hospital in Salt Lake with pneumonia on January
one and since then his condition remained critical.
The medical board will meet at 11.00 am to analyse the
latest condition of Basu and a medical bulletin will be issued
at 12.00 pm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan