CPI(M) patriarch Jyoti Basu`s condition still critical
Kolkata: The condition of CPI(M) patriarch
Jyoti Basu, admitted to a hospital here with pneumonia 10
days ago, continued to remain critical, hospital sources
The level of creatine and urea which define the condition
of the kidney is less than normal and doctors are closely
monitoring the situation, a source said.
When asked whether there is any need for dialysis, the
sources said, "Doctors will analyse the situation later in the
day and decide the further course of action".
They, however, said, the white blood cell count of Basu
had increased more than required and existence of extra fluid
in the body might have a critical effect on his health.
Dr Sushrut Bandyopadhyay, a member of the medical board
constituted to monitor Basu`s condition, refused to comment on
"I cannot say anything now," Bandyopadhyay told reporters
Basu, who will complete 96 years on July 8, was admitted
to the private hospital in Salt Lake with pneumonia on January
one and since then his condition remained critical.
The medical board will meet at 11.00 am to analyse the
latest condition of Basu and a medical bulletin will be issued
at 12.00 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video