CPI(M) Politburo meet to discuss poll debacle in WB, Kerala
Hyderabad: The debacle in the Assembly elections in West Bengal and Kerala would be top on the agenda during the three-day meeting of CPI(M)`s Politburo and
Central Committee here from Thursday.
"The party`s Politburo members would meet tomorrow. The Central Committee will be held on June 11-12," CPI(M)`s state secretariat member Y Venkateswara Rao said here today.
The meetings assume significance as they are the first after the Assembly elections in the states of Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam and the union territory of
The outcome of the recently-concluded Assembly polls in the states, the corruption issue including recent scams like 2G spectrum allocation, the proposed hike in petrol prices would come up for discussions, he said.
The meetings would be attended by all top CPI(M) leaders including general secretary Prakash Karat, Sitaram Yechury, Biman Bose and former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Rao said.
The Central Committee comprises of 85 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says