CPI(M) Politburo meet to discuss poll debacle in WB, Kerala
Hyderabad: The debacle in the Assembly elections in West Bengal and Kerala would be top on the agenda during the three-day meeting of CPI(M)`s Politburo and
Central Committee here from Thursday.
"The party`s Politburo members would meet tomorrow. The Central Committee will be held on June 11-12," CPI(M)`s state secretariat member Y Venkateswara Rao said here today.
The meetings assume significance as they are the first after the Assembly elections in the states of Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam and the union territory of
The outcome of the recently-concluded Assembly polls in the states, the corruption issue including recent scams like 2G spectrum allocation, the proposed hike in petrol prices would come up for discussions, he said.
The meetings would be attended by all top CPI(M) leaders including general secretary Prakash Karat, Sitaram Yechury, Biman Bose and former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Rao said.
The Central Committee comprises of 85 members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav