CPI(M) Politburo meet to discuss poll debacle in WB, Kerala
Hyderabad: The debacle in the Assembly elections in West Bengal and Kerala would be top on the agenda during the three-day meeting of CPI(M)`s Politburo and
Central Committee here from Thursday.
"The party`s Politburo members would meet tomorrow. The Central Committee will be held on June 11-12," CPI(M)`s state secretariat member Y Venkateswara Rao said here today.
The meetings assume significance as they are the first after the Assembly elections in the states of Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam and the union territory of
The outcome of the recently-concluded Assembly polls in the states, the corruption issue including recent scams like 2G spectrum allocation, the proposed hike in petrol prices would come up for discussions, he said.
The meetings would be attended by all top CPI(M) leaders including general secretary Prakash Karat, Sitaram Yechury, Biman Bose and former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Rao said.
The Central Committee comprises of 85 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor