CPI(M) Politburo meet to discuss poll debacle in WB, Kerala
Hyderabad: The debacle in the Assembly elections in West Bengal and Kerala would be top on the agenda during the three-day meeting of CPI(M)`s Politburo and
Central Committee here from Thursday.
"The party`s Politburo members would meet tomorrow. The Central Committee will be held on June 11-12," CPI(M)`s state secretariat member Y Venkateswara Rao said here today.
The meetings assume significance as they are the first after the Assembly elections in the states of Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam and the union territory of
The outcome of the recently-concluded Assembly polls in the states, the corruption issue including recent scams like 2G spectrum allocation, the proposed hike in petrol prices would come up for discussions, he said.
The meetings would be attended by all top CPI(M) leaders including general secretary Prakash Karat, Sitaram Yechury, Biman Bose and former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, Rao said.
The Central Committee comprises of 85 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!