CPI(M) politburo meets for the second day
New Delhi: The Politburo of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) is meeting for the second day on Sunday, and all eyes are on whether West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will attend after having skipped the opening day yesterday.
On Saturday, the Politburo reportedly discussed the Vedic Village land scam in West Bengal, which has caused a great deal of embarrassment to Bhattacharjee.
The Vedic Village scam investigations have exposed deals with the State government and massive irregularities in the allocation of land, with the land reforms and housing departments found illegally allotting land to the owners of Vedic Village at throwaway prices.
There is a view in certain sections of the party that Bhattacharjee is becoming increasingly marginalised after being blamed for some serious administrative blunders.
The West Bengal Chief Minister is also reportedly angry over alleged reports that the CPI(M) is on the lookout for a successor without keeping him in the loop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP