CPI(M) politburo meets for the second day
New Delhi: The Politburo of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) is meeting for the second day on Sunday, and all eyes are on whether West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will attend after having skipped the opening day yesterday.
On Saturday, the Politburo reportedly discussed the Vedic Village land scam in West Bengal, which has caused a great deal of embarrassment to Bhattacharjee.
The Vedic Village scam investigations have exposed deals with the State government and massive irregularities in the allocation of land, with the land reforms and housing departments found illegally allotting land to the owners of Vedic Village at throwaway prices.
There is a view in certain sections of the party that Bhattacharjee is becoming increasingly marginalised after being blamed for some serious administrative blunders.
The West Bengal Chief Minister is also reportedly angry over alleged reports that the CPI(M) is on the lookout for a successor without keeping him in the loop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’