CPI(M) releases first list of 24 candidates for LS polls
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Sunday released the first list of candidates for 24 Lok Sabha seats spread across in 12 states and a Union Territory.
A press release here said, the party has fielded Uddhab Barman from Barpeta, Khemraj Chetry from Tejpur and Rejamond Ali from Silchar in Assam.
Singhjibhai Katara would contest from Dohad (ST) in Gujarat, Phool Singh Sheokand from Hisar, Ram Kumar Bahbalpuria Sirsa (SC) and Master Sher Singh from Bhiwani Mohindergarh situated in Haryana.
The party declared that Kushal Bharadwaj would contest from Mandi and Jagat Ram in Shimla (SC), both located in Himachal Pradesh.
While Jyotin Soren would be the CPI(M) candidate from Rajmahal (ST), Rajinder Singh Munda would be in the fray from Ranchi in Jharkhand.
Srirama Reddy and Yadav Shetty would fight from Chikballapur and Mangalore constituencies in Karnataka.
Akhilesh Yadav (Gwalior), Lata Bharbore (W) (Jhabua-Ratlam (ST)) in Madhya Pradesh, Ladak Kharpade (Palghar (ST)), Hemant Waghere (Dindori (ST)), Tanaji Jaybhave (Nashik) in Maharashtra, Ali Kishor Patnaik (Berhampur) in Odisha, Balbir Singh Jadla (Anandpur Sahib) in Punjab, Sukhwinder Singh Sekhon (Ludhiana), Hiralal Yadav (Varanasi), Nafeesuddin (Moradabad), Shiv Prasad Deoli (Tehri) in Uttarakhand and Muneer (Lakshadweep) are the other candidates.
The release, issued after the conclusion of the two-day Central Committee here, said it discussed the preparations for the Lok Sabha elections in all the states and approved the first list of seats and the candidates of the party.
The draft of the election manifesto of the party was discussed the meeting, which also authorised the Polit Bureau to finalise the manifesto and issue it at the appropriate time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?