CPI(M) releases first list of 24 candidates for LS polls
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Sunday released the first list of candidates for 24 Lok Sabha seats spread across in 12 states and a Union Territory.
A press release here said, the party has fielded Uddhab Barman from Barpeta, Khemraj Chetry from Tejpur and Rejamond Ali from Silchar in Assam.
Singhjibhai Katara would contest from Dohad (ST) in Gujarat, Phool Singh Sheokand from Hisar, Ram Kumar Bahbalpuria Sirsa (SC) and Master Sher Singh from Bhiwani Mohindergarh situated in Haryana.
The party declared that Kushal Bharadwaj would contest from Mandi and Jagat Ram in Shimla (SC), both located in Himachal Pradesh.
While Jyotin Soren would be the CPI(M) candidate from Rajmahal (ST), Rajinder Singh Munda would be in the fray from Ranchi in Jharkhand.
Srirama Reddy and Yadav Shetty would fight from Chikballapur and Mangalore constituencies in Karnataka.
Akhilesh Yadav (Gwalior), Lata Bharbore (W) (Jhabua-Ratlam (ST)) in Madhya Pradesh, Ladak Kharpade (Palghar (ST)), Hemant Waghere (Dindori (ST)), Tanaji Jaybhave (Nashik) in Maharashtra, Ali Kishor Patnaik (Berhampur) in Odisha, Balbir Singh Jadla (Anandpur Sahib) in Punjab, Sukhwinder Singh Sekhon (Ludhiana), Hiralal Yadav (Varanasi), Nafeesuddin (Moradabad), Shiv Prasad Deoli (Tehri) in Uttarakhand and Muneer (Lakshadweep) are the other candidates.
The release, issued after the conclusion of the two-day Central Committee here, said it discussed the preparations for the Lok Sabha elections in all the states and approved the first list of seats and the candidates of the party.
The draft of the election manifesto of the party was discussed the meeting, which also authorised the Polit Bureau to finalise the manifesto and issue it at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed