CPI(M) seeks EC action for Mamata`s `threat to life` remark
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Wednesday asked the Election Commission to take appropriate action on Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for her statement that she faces threat to her life from the Left party, the Congress and the BJP.
"This is a serious allegation she has levelled against CPI-M. We think that since the statement has come after the model code of conduct came into force, Election Commission should sue moto recognise her statement and take appropriate action," CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told PTI.
Addressing a rally here, Mamata had claimed that she faces threat to her life from rival parties including CPI(M), BJP and Congress but "nobody can suppress me".
The West Bengal Chief Minister also alleged that good people were not allowed to take part in politics and targeted through CBI, ED or Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review