CPI(M) seeks EC action for Mamata`s `threat to life` remark
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Wednesday asked the Election Commission to take appropriate action on Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee for her statement that she faces threat to her life from the Left party, the Congress and the BJP.
"This is a serious allegation she has levelled against CPI-M. We think that since the statement has come after the model code of conduct came into force, Election Commission should sue moto recognise her statement and take appropriate action," CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told PTI.
Addressing a rally here, Mamata had claimed that she faces threat to her life from rival parties including CPI(M), BJP and Congress but "nobody can suppress me".
The West Bengal Chief Minister also alleged that good people were not allowed to take part in politics and targeted through CBI, ED or Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states