CPI(M) to follow Latin American model
Agartala: CPI(M) will now follow the path
of the left and progressive parties in Latin America to find
an alternative to capitalism, party politburo member Sitaram Yechury said here on Tuesday.
"In those (Latin American) countries the left and
progressive parties have come to power by fighting against
imperialist forces, ushered in agricultural reforms and took
steps to nationalise mines, gas and oil," Yechury told the
20th conference of Tripura unit of the party.
"They are advancing towards socialism by taking these
steps. It proves that an alternative to liberalism within
capitalist system is possible," he said.
The party must take lessons from the experiences of the
Latin American countries and also from the recent experiences
of the socialist countries, the Rajya Sabha MP said.
He said capitalism was in crisis throughout the world
for the last four years and it was right time to launch
Synopsis of his speech in the party forum was circulated
at a press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing