CPI(M) to follow Latin American model
Agartala: CPI(M) will now follow the path
of the left and progressive parties in Latin America to find
an alternative to capitalism, party politburo member Sitaram Yechury said here on Tuesday.
"In those (Latin American) countries the left and
progressive parties have come to power by fighting against
imperialist forces, ushered in agricultural reforms and took
steps to nationalise mines, gas and oil," Yechury told the
20th conference of Tripura unit of the party.
"They are advancing towards socialism by taking these
steps. It proves that an alternative to liberalism within
capitalist system is possible," he said.
The party must take lessons from the experiences of the
Latin American countries and also from the recent experiences
of the socialist countries, the Rajya Sabha MP said.
He said capitalism was in crisis throughout the world
for the last four years and it was right time to launch
Synopsis of his speech in the party forum was circulated
at a press conference.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents