CPI(M) to work for non-Congress, non-BJP alliance
Kolkata: With an eye on the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the CPI(M) along with other Left parties will work towards the formation of a non-Congress, non-BJP alliance in the country, CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury said on Thursday.
"We will work towards the creation of non-Congress, non-BJP alliance in the country. We will discuss this issue in the central committee today," Yechury told reporters here.
Yechury along with party general secretary Prakash Karat was in the city to attend the two-day long central committee meeting of the party in Kolkata.
The central committee will also discuss and chalk out the strategy for the various state assembly elections slated to be held this year, including Tripura where the party is in power.
"We will talk about the party`s strategy for the upcoming state elections in the country," Yechury said here.
According to party sources, the central committee will also discuss the issue of expulsion of three aides of V S Achuthanandan from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?