CPI(M) to work for non-Congress, non-BJP alliance
Kolkata: With an eye on the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the CPI(M) along with other Left parties will work towards the formation of a non-Congress, non-BJP alliance in the country, CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury said on Thursday.
"We will work towards the creation of non-Congress, non-BJP alliance in the country. We will discuss this issue in the central committee today," Yechury told reporters here.
Yechury along with party general secretary Prakash Karat was in the city to attend the two-day long central committee meeting of the party in Kolkata.
The central committee will also discuss and chalk out the strategy for the various state assembly elections slated to be held this year, including Tripura where the party is in power.
"We will talk about the party`s strategy for the upcoming state elections in the country," Yechury said here.
According to party sources, the central committee will also discuss the issue of expulsion of three aides of V S Achuthanandan from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi