CPM demands Sheila Dikshit`s resignation
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded the
resignation of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying her
continuation in the office after the CAG reports on
Commonwealth Games, was untenable.
"The CAG reports mentioned wrongdoings of the Delhi
government and many other agencies in its report on
Commonwealth Games. Therefore, it is not tenable for the CM of
Delhi to continue in office when such serious charges are made
on issues like tendering, cost overruns," CPI(M) leader Brinda
Karat criticised the Prime Minister for handing over the
Games to a private party headed by Suresh Kalmadi, a member of
the Congress Party.
"The PM office must take full responsibility. It is only
the PM who gave the go ahead for shifting the leadership of
the entire Games into the hands of a private party headed by
Kalmadi," she said.
She said after the CAG reports, the investigation into
the Games should be expanded now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends