CPM demands Sheila Dikshit`s resignation
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded the
resignation of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying her
continuation in the office after the CAG reports on
Commonwealth Games, was untenable.
"The CAG reports mentioned wrongdoings of the Delhi
government and many other agencies in its report on
Commonwealth Games. Therefore, it is not tenable for the CM of
Delhi to continue in office when such serious charges are made
on issues like tendering, cost overruns," CPI(M) leader Brinda
Karat criticised the Prime Minister for handing over the
Games to a private party headed by Suresh Kalmadi, a member of
the Congress Party.
"The PM office must take full responsibility. It is only
the PM who gave the go ahead for shifting the leadership of
the entire Games into the hands of a private party headed by
Kalmadi," she said.
She said after the CAG reports, the investigation into
the Games should be expanded now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’