CPM disapproves of Cong-DMK MPs` behaviour at PAC meeting
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Thursday disapproved of
the way Congress and DMK MPs behaved at the PAC meeting,
saying it showed that they wanted to scuttle any report on 2G
Party General Secretary Prakash Karat said the CPI(M)
MP in the PAC did not agree with the Congress and DMK members`
stand on the 2G report.
"The way in which members of Congress and DMK have
behaved shows that they wanted to scuttle any report which
will go into CAG report conclusions (on 2G scam). They have
adopted a stand to scuttle it," he told reporters here.
11 MPs, including one each from SP and BSP, of the
21-member PAC yesterday "rejected" the draft report on 2G scam
that indicted former Telecom Minister A Raja and made critical
comments on the Prime Minister and the then Finance Minister P
In unprecedented scenes at the stormy meeting of the
committee, the ruling coalition MPs (7 Congress, 2 DMK), aided
by SP and BSP, also "elected" Congress member Saifuddin Soz as
chairman who put the resolution for rejection of the report to
"There are procedures to be followed in PAC if one
does not agree with some conclusions or putting dissent notes,
it all can be done," he said.
Noting that CPI(M) did not subscribe to the way things
went at the PAC meeting yesterday, Karat said its members were
not party to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why