CPM is correcting mistakes that led to its defeat: Karat
Kollam: The CPI(M) was in the process of
taking corrective steps after identifying mistakes that led to
its defeat in the Lok Sabha elections, party General Secretary
Prakash Karat on Monday said.
The party had conducted a critical review of the poll
outcome and identified the shortcomings and mistakes that led
to the defeat, he said at a function organised as part of
CPI(M) patriarch late E M Sankaran Namboothirpad`s birth
centenary celebrations here.
"We are in the process of correcting mistakes," Karat
said. Party should take lessons from EMS as he had never
hesitated to accept mistakes and take corrective measures.
Karat said party cadres should be modest and serve the
people by being constantly in touch with them. Party workers
should find out from people, the mistakes of the party and
correct them boldly, he added.
EMS had sacrificed everything for the party and that was
the lesson to be learned by party cadres, Karat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you