CPM is correcting mistakes that led to its defeat: Karat
Kollam: The CPI(M) was in the process of
taking corrective steps after identifying mistakes that led to
its defeat in the Lok Sabha elections, party General Secretary
Prakash Karat on Monday said.
The party had conducted a critical review of the poll
outcome and identified the shortcomings and mistakes that led
to the defeat, he said at a function organised as part of
CPI(M) patriarch late E M Sankaran Namboothirpad`s birth
centenary celebrations here.
"We are in the process of correcting mistakes," Karat
said. Party should take lessons from EMS as he had never
hesitated to accept mistakes and take corrective measures.
Karat said party cadres should be modest and serve the
people by being constantly in touch with them. Party workers
should find out from people, the mistakes of the party and
correct them boldly, he added.
EMS had sacrificed everything for the party and that was
the lesson to be learned by party cadres, Karat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional