CPM is correcting mistakes that led to its defeat: Karat
Kollam: The CPI(M) was in the process of
taking corrective steps after identifying mistakes that led to
its defeat in the Lok Sabha elections, party General Secretary
Prakash Karat on Monday said.
The party had conducted a critical review of the poll
outcome and identified the shortcomings and mistakes that led
to the defeat, he said at a function organised as part of
CPI(M) patriarch late E M Sankaran Namboothirpad`s birth
centenary celebrations here.
"We are in the process of correcting mistakes," Karat
said. Party should take lessons from EMS as he had never
hesitated to accept mistakes and take corrective measures.
Karat said party cadres should be modest and serve the
people by being constantly in touch with them. Party workers
should find out from people, the mistakes of the party and
correct them boldly, he added.
EMS had sacrificed everything for the party and that was
the lesson to be learned by party cadres, Karat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach