CPM trying to lower our image: TC on arms dealer link charge
New Delhi: Under attack from Opposition over
alleged links of one of its MPs with a Bangladeshi arms
dealer, Trinamool Congress today charged the CPI-M with trying
to "lower" its image ahead of municipal elections in Kolkata.
"CPI-M is politically bankrupt. On the basis of a news
report, it is creating chaos in an attempt to lower the image
of Trinamool Congress in the eyes of the people ahead of
municipal polls (in Kolkata)," TC spokesperson Sudip
Bandyopadhyay told reporters here.
Claiming that there was not even "an iota of truth" in
the allegations, he said Union Minister Sisir Adhikari --
named in the report published in a Delhi-based weekly
newspaper -- could move court to defend his name.
The TC leader said he has already made the issue clear to
Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Bandyopadhyay claimed that "other" political parties too
could be involved in the "conspiracy" to defame his party.
A united Opposition today stalled the proceedings of the
Rajya Sabha pressing the Government to come clear on the issue
of a Union Minister allegedly having links with a Bangladeshi
While Opposition did not name the Minister in the Upper
House, Bandyopadhyay said it was Sisir Adhikari who was being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH