CPP meeting likely on Thursday on Anna issue
New Delhi: Grappling with Anna Hazare`s
fast, Congress leadership is expected to interact with party
MPs on the issue on Thursday.
A meeting of Congress Parliamentary Party is being
convened at a time when there are growing concerns among the
party MPs over the fallout of Hazare`s anti-corruption
agitation in their constituencies.
Young MPs like Sandeep Dikshit, Priya Dutt, Sanjya
Nirupam, Naveen Jindal and others have voiced their concern
over the issue. While Dikshit had dubbed Hazare`s arrest a
"wrong" move, Dutt has found fault with the government`s
Lokpal bill dubbing it as "weak".
Party MP from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Praveen Singh
Aron has already submitted a copy of Hazare`s Jan Lokpal Bill
before the Standing Committee headed by Abhishek Singhvi,
which is examining the Jan Lokpal Bill.
"Tomorrow, there is all-party meeting. A day after, a
meeting of Congress members of Parliament is perhaps being
called. This is how we gather inputs, discuss and express our
concerns," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni
told reporters outside Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes