CPWD terms Shunglu Committee report as "one-sided"
New Delhi: Trashing the findings of the
Shunglu Committee, which looked into alleged irregularities
in Commonwealth Games projects, the CPWD on Tuesday said the panel
report is "one-sided and lacks engineering perception".
"Shunglu committee report is one sided...that is not the
whole perception of engineering activity. It lacks engineering
perception," Director General of CPWD C S Prasad said while
talking to reporters on the occasion of the foundation day of
Asked whether any action would be taken against erring
personnel involved in the Commonwealth Games projects Prasad,
however, said, "There are some complaints against individuals
and inquiry is going on. Action will be taken if found guilty
after the inquiry."
The Shunglu committee in its report has found
irregularities in the execution of many projects including
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Dr Karni Singh Stadium and
Dhyanchand Stadium which were executed by the Central
Public Works Department.
The committee has one-sided approach in respect of
CPWD...the report is one-sided, Prasad reiterated.
Defending the execution of the works, he claimed, "We
were given targets and the projects were commissioned in time.
Every procedure was followed."
He said there has been public opinion about the quality
problems or problems regarding irregularities. "So the
high level comittee studied the entire works and volume of
documents and they have come out with the report.
"We have given the answer (to these findings) pargraph
wise with supporting documents explaining the CPWD position."
Shunglu Committee was constituted by the government to
probe alleged large-scale irregularities in the preparations
for the mega sporting event held in October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says