Cracks appear in BJP over CVC issue: Report
New Delhi: All is not well in the main opposition party, BJP, as reports on Thursday claimed that saffron party president Nitin Gadkari is miffed with the Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj for easily letting off Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on the CVC appointment row.
As reported by a leading daily, Nitin Gadkari is upset with Swaraj for pardoning the Prime Minister after he tendered his apologies and took moral responsibility for the error in appointing PJ Thomas as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India (CVC).
The division in the main opposition party appeared days after Sushma Swaraj sought to put the tussle between the ruling disposition and the opposition over the CVC row to rest.
In a clear snub to Swaraj, BJP chief has said that the CVC issue is not over yet and the party will continue to target the UPA government in the days to come. The BJP chief has made it clear that his party intends to launch an intensive campaign against the UPA government over corruption, price rise, safety of common man, black money etc in the days to come. Gadkari also said that the CVC issue will be a part of the BJP’s campaign against the Congress-led UPA government.
He, however, rubbished reports that there were differences of any kind between Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, the leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha.
Generally, the senior leaders follow the official line of their political party but this time BJP leaders have expressed divergent views on the CVC row. If the BJP MPs have accepted the Prime Minister’s apology in Lok Sabha, its MPs have supported their leader in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley, who has expressed extreme dissatisfaction over Dr Manmohan Singh’s explanation over the CVC issue.
The entire issue has once again exposed the bitter struggle for power among the top ranking leaders of the main opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing