Cracks appear in BJP over CVC issue: Report
New Delhi: All is not well in the main opposition party, BJP, as reports on Thursday claimed that saffron party president Nitin Gadkari is miffed with the Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj for easily letting off Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on the CVC appointment row.
As reported by a leading daily, Nitin Gadkari is upset with Swaraj for pardoning the Prime Minister after he tendered his apologies and took moral responsibility for the error in appointing PJ Thomas as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India (CVC).
The division in the main opposition party appeared days after Sushma Swaraj sought to put the tussle between the ruling disposition and the opposition over the CVC row to rest.
In a clear snub to Swaraj, BJP chief has said that the CVC issue is not over yet and the party will continue to target the UPA government in the days to come. The BJP chief has made it clear that his party intends to launch an intensive campaign against the UPA government over corruption, price rise, safety of common man, black money etc in the days to come. Gadkari also said that the CVC issue will be a part of the BJP’s campaign against the Congress-led UPA government.
He, however, rubbished reports that there were differences of any kind between Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, the leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha.
Generally, the senior leaders follow the official line of their political party but this time BJP leaders have expressed divergent views on the CVC row. If the BJP MPs have accepted the Prime Minister’s apology in Lok Sabha, its MPs have supported their leader in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley, who has expressed extreme dissatisfaction over Dr Manmohan Singh’s explanation over the CVC issue.
The entire issue has once again exposed the bitter struggle for power among the top ranking leaders of the main opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31