Cracks appear in BJP over CVC issue: Report
New Delhi: All is not well in the main opposition party, BJP, as reports on Thursday claimed that saffron party president Nitin Gadkari is miffed with the Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj for easily letting off Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on the CVC appointment row.
As reported by a leading daily, Nitin Gadkari is upset with Swaraj for pardoning the Prime Minister after he tendered his apologies and took moral responsibility for the error in appointing PJ Thomas as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India (CVC).
The division in the main opposition party appeared days after Sushma Swaraj sought to put the tussle between the ruling disposition and the opposition over the CVC row to rest.
In a clear snub to Swaraj, BJP chief has said that the CVC issue is not over yet and the party will continue to target the UPA government in the days to come. The BJP chief has made it clear that his party intends to launch an intensive campaign against the UPA government over corruption, price rise, safety of common man, black money etc in the days to come. Gadkari also said that the CVC issue will be a part of the BJP’s campaign against the Congress-led UPA government.
He, however, rubbished reports that there were differences of any kind between Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, the leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha.
Generally, the senior leaders follow the official line of their political party but this time BJP leaders have expressed divergent views on the CVC row. If the BJP MPs have accepted the Prime Minister’s apology in Lok Sabha, its MPs have supported their leader in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley, who has expressed extreme dissatisfaction over Dr Manmohan Singh’s explanation over the CVC issue.
The entire issue has once again exposed the bitter struggle for power among the top ranking leaders of the main opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why