Cracks in erstwhile Team Anna wide open
New Delhi: Cracks were on Sunday wide open in erstwhile Team Anna, which is taking a political plunge soon, when Kiran Bedi skipped a protest here due to her differences with the group on targeting BJP on coal block allocation.
Though activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan insisted earlier in the day that she will come to Jantar Mantar and join the protest, Bedi did not make it to the protest.
Bedi did not respond to telephone calls or an email seeking her views.
She had yesterday tweeted her support for the protest though she voiced her opposition to target BJP on the issue.
"I fully support Arvind`s call for Jantar Mantar rally. While I feel we need to focus on party in power, I respect his and others view to cover all. This is time for `a united front against corruption`. If we keep fragmented, the corrupt will continue to be in power to protect itself," Bedi had said.
Kejriwal said yesterday that Bedi was "completely" with them and "there could be two viewpoint on any issue. But he admitted that "her viewpoint is slightly different".
"We welcome her viewpoint. But the question is will replacing Congress with BJP, will the situation change?" he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!