Cracks in erstwhile Team Anna wide open
New Delhi: Cracks were on Sunday wide open in erstwhile Team Anna, which is taking a political plunge soon, when Kiran Bedi skipped a protest here due to her differences with the group on targeting BJP on coal block allocation.
Though activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan insisted earlier in the day that she will come to Jantar Mantar and join the protest, Bedi did not make it to the protest.
Bedi did not respond to telephone calls or an email seeking her views.
She had yesterday tweeted her support for the protest though she voiced her opposition to target BJP on the issue.
"I fully support Arvind`s call for Jantar Mantar rally. While I feel we need to focus on party in power, I respect his and others view to cover all. This is time for `a united front against corruption`. If we keep fragmented, the corrupt will continue to be in power to protect itself," Bedi had said.
Kejriwal said yesterday that Bedi was "completely" with them and "there could be two viewpoint on any issue. But he admitted that "her viewpoint is slightly different".
"We welcome her viewpoint. But the question is will replacing Congress with BJP, will the situation change?" he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far