Create additional and functional CBI courts by April 2014: SC to Govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Centre and states to make all additional CBI courts functional as promised by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh four years ago.
It instructed state governments to make these special courts functional within four months.
It warned that if this order was not complied with, chief secretaries of states would face contempt proceedings.
The SC said special CBI courts are needed to try corruption cases quickly.
This, it said, would redeem the people`s faith in the country`s criminal justice system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials