Create additional and functional CBI courts by April 2014: SC to Govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Centre and states to make all additional CBI courts functional as promised by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh four years ago.
It instructed state governments to make these special courts functional within four months.
It warned that if this order was not complied with, chief secretaries of states would face contempt proceedings.
The SC said special CBI courts are needed to try corruption cases quickly.
This, it said, would redeem the people`s faith in the country`s criminal justice system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire