Create additional and functional CBI courts by April 2014: SC to Govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Centre and states to make all additional CBI courts functional as promised by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh four years ago.
It instructed state governments to make these special courts functional within four months.
It warned that if this order was not complied with, chief secretaries of states would face contempt proceedings.
The SC said special CBI courts are needed to try corruption cases quickly.
This, it said, would redeem the people`s faith in the country`s criminal justice system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'