Create congenial climate in units: Army Chief
Leh: Against the backdrop of stand-offs between officers and jawans, Army Chief Gen Bikarm Singh today asked the battalion commanders to create a "congenial climate" in their units for the overall growth of the organisation.
"Gen Singh emphasised the core values of the Army and stressed upon the Commanding Officers creating a congenial climate in their units to enable collective growth of the organization," the Army said in a release.
He is on a three-day visit to the Ladakh sector including the Siachen Glacier.
The remarks come after three stand-offs between officers and jawans in the last one year.
In the latest incident in Samba, jawans and officers were engaged in a stand-off at the 16 Cavalry Unit after the suicide of a jawan.
In a similar incident, jawans and officers had clashed in Nyoma in Ladakh in May leaving the Commanding Officer and four other ranks inujured.
Soon after the Samba incident, the Army Chief had issued instructions to the officers to take corrective actions to avoid such incidents and strengthen the culture of the 1.3 million-strong force.
Meanwhile, in his first visit to the world`s highest battlefield, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh visited the Siachen Base Camp and Eastern Ladakh to review the operational preparedness of troops in the region.
"Gen Singh visited the Siachen Base Camp and forward posts in Eastern Ladakh during second day of his visit to Ladakh where he was briefed by the formation commanders on the situation there," an Army release said here.
Gen Singh also flew along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to lay wreath at the Siachen War Memorial there.
While interacting with the troops, the Army Chief complimented them for their dedication and steadfastness while guarding the borders in such hazardous conditions. He also visited the Gurudwara Pathar Sahab in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars