`Create Lokpal through ordinance if Parl stalled`
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on Wednesday asked as to what was stopping ruling Congress from declaring
its resolve to create an effective Lokpal through a special
session of Parliament or an ordinance in case Parliament by
any chance is stalled.
"What stops the party in power to declare its resolve to
bring an effective Lokpal come what may...(either through) a
special session or even an ordinance?" Bedi tweeted.
Bedi`s latest tweet is not in sync with Anna Hazare`s
stand that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed during the ongoing
Winter Session of Parliament.
Asked whether her stand means Team Anna is reconciling to
the idea that the Lokpal Bill may not be passed during the
Winter Session, Bedi told PTI, "Its my personal tweet. It is
not a reconciliation. Its spreading awareness against any
"What I am saying is that nothing can stop the party in
power from creating Lokpal. It can do so through any means...
even if Parliament by any chance is stalled. It can express
its resolve by calling a special session focussed on Lokpal.
"Or worst come to worse, it can even do so through an
ordinance if it is determined to give the country an
independent anti-corruption architecture currently missing in
the country," she said.
Hazare has threatened to relaunch his agitation on the
last day of the Winter Session if government failed to bring a
strong Lokpal Bill by then. He had also said that he will
campaign against Congress if the government did not pass the
bill in ongoing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement