Create opportunities for majority community: VHP chief to govt
Jaipur: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP leader Praveen Togadia on Saturday demanded greater financial opportunities for the majority community which, he alleged, had suffered due to an "anti-majority" stance adopted by the Centre.
Togadia, the international working president of VHP, said that the Centre had ignored creating safeguards for the majority community against the threats of terrorism and jihad.
"The interests of the majority are being neglected by the government and the issues needs urgent attention," Togadia said during an interaction with reporters at Press Club here.
"The government should give preference to the majority and introduce a financial corporation to provide them with opportunities in employment and economic development," he added.
On the Ayodhya issue, Togadia reiterated his stand of bringing a legislation in favour of setting up a Ram temple there.
He said that political parties which incorporate `Hindutva` in their poll manifestos will get the support of the majority community in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened