Creation of new states will weaken the country: Anna Hazare
Azamgarh (UP): Creation of a Telangana state will not only encourage demand for new states but also new districts and this will only weaken the country, social activist and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare said here today.
"The process which has been started by the government would not just encourage the demands for different states but also of new districts and this would only weaken the country", Hazare who was here in connection with his `Jantantra Yatra ` told newspersons.
Hazare said that even after Arvind Kejriwal and Baba Ramdev having parted ways with his team, it was still getting widespread support of people and this has encouraged its members.
He clarified that neither his team member nor its organisers would contest any election and his supporters would continue to serve the country.
On his `Jantrantra Yatra`, Hazare said the aim was to ensure that people with clean image and noble character reach Parliament.
Terming the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal as unfortunate, he said that government should reconsider the decision as such honest officers are difficult to find today.
Hazare said that on the first day of the coming Parliament Session, he would sit on a hunger strike and the government would have to bring Janlokpal Bill for which he would continue to struggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly