Credit of Lokpal should go to Vajpayee, Anna: Rajnath
Ranchi: Passage of Lokpal Bill should be credited to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Anna Hazare, BJP president Rajnath Singh said on Sunday.
"Lokpal Bill has passed, and Rahul Gandhi says he did it. But the credited should go to Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Anna Hazare," Rajnath Singh claimed while addressing a rally here.
"It was Vajpayee, who stood for Lokpal Bill in the House," he said in the presence of party?s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Singh claimed that prices of commodities were under check during Vajpayee regime despite sanctions due to nuclear tests and Kargil war.
"Now Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says, he doesn?t have a magic wand to control prices. If that is so, he should go to Vajpayee," the BJP chief said.
"The Prime Minister has also said naxalism is a threat to internal security. I would like to ask him what solution has he brought about to control it?" asked Singh.
Appealing to the Maoists to return to the mainstream, he reached out the extremists saying, "a bullet takes a person`s life while a vote breaths life in the (democratic) system."
On political instability in Jharkhand that witnessed nine governments in 13 years, Singh pitched for increase in the House strength to bring stability.
"It was the Arjun Munda government which had passed a resolution in the House to make it a 150-member house from its present strength of 81 elected members and sent it to the Centre, but the Centre is sitting on it," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now