Crime branch questions former Tehelka editor Shoma Chaudhury
Panaji: Tehelka`s former Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhury was questioned by the crime branch here on Sunday, in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a woman journalist.
Her interrogation took place a day after she recorded her statement before the chief judicial magistrate here.
Crime branch officials said that Shoma arrived at their office in the morning and remained there for a long time.
She was asked about the email conversation between Tarun Tejpal and the woman journalist, who was the victim of the sexual assault, the official said.
Meanwhile, the crime branch plans to send laptops and other items seized from Tejpal and Shoma Chaudhury to a Hyderabad laboratory for forensic analysis.
The mobile phone used by Tejpal would also be sent for forensic analysis, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990