Crime Branch to probe Adarsh missing paper case
Mumbai: Case pertaining to the theft of key
documents in Adarsh Housing Society scam was on Saturday transferred to the Mumbai Crime Branch due to seriousness of the issue.
"The case has been transferred to the Crime Branch. This
special wing is working on the case and have asked for the FIR
details, which was registered in the local police station," a
crime branch official said on condition of anonymity.
The Crime Branch of the city police usually probes
underworld-related or sensitive in nature cases.
A case of theft was registered yesterday by police after
crucial documents from 10 files on Adarsh Society went missing
from the the Urban Development Department here. Secretary of
the department Gurudas Bajpe gave a written complaint to the
Marine Drive police on Friday night about the missing papers.
The disappearance of the papers has been brought to the
notice of CBI, which is probing into the scam, where flats
built in the name of Kargil war heroes were alloted to
bureaucrats, politicians` relatives and defence officers.
The missing papers include remarks of the state
government officials and Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video