Criminal defamation case: Delhi court summons Naveen Jindal, three others
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi`s Patiala House Court on Saturday issued summons to Congress MP and owner of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) - Naveen Jindal and three of his associates for making various defamatory and false statements against Zee Business Editor, Samir Ahluwalia.
Ahluwalia had filed the defamation case against Jindal in Patiala House Court stating that in a press conference on October 25, 2012, Jindal and his associates issued false statements against him to tarnish his image.
Metropolitan Magistrate Swati Katiyar issued summons under Section 499 of the IPC to Naveen Jindal, Anand Goel, Vikrant Gujral and Ravi Uppal who were present in the said press conference.
The court ordered Jindal and his associates to be present in the court on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred