Croatia wants to strengthen ties with India: Ambassador
Mumbai: The Ambassador of Croatia Dr Boris
Velic today said Croatia wants to strengthen co-operation in
the fields of culture, sports and tourism besides promoting
business with India.
Velic said that tourism accounts for nearly 20 per cent
of the GDP of Croatia, and his country is keen to tap the huge
interest of Indian tourists by attracting them to Croatia,
he said talking to Governor of Maharashtra K Sankaranarayanan
at Raj Bhavan.
The Ambassador said that the Olympic associations of
India and Croatia are going to sign an agreement for
cooperation in sports shortly, a Raj Bhavan release said.
Velic informed the Governor that there is an exceptional
interest among Croatians in Hindi and Sanskrit languages.
In order to promote mutual understanding of the people
of the two countries, efforts are being made to translate the
writings in Hindi in Croatian language and Croatian writings
in Hindi, he said.
The Croatian Ambassador presented the Governor a copy
of a Hindi book - Croatian Sahitya, containing selected prose
and poems by eminent Croatian writers.
The book has been published by the Embassy with
cooperation from the University of Zagreb and University of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report