Croatia wants to strengthen ties with India: Ambassador
Mumbai: The Ambassador of Croatia Dr Boris
Velic today said Croatia wants to strengthen co-operation in
the fields of culture, sports and tourism besides promoting
business with India.
Velic said that tourism accounts for nearly 20 per cent
of the GDP of Croatia, and his country is keen to tap the huge
interest of Indian tourists by attracting them to Croatia,
he said talking to Governor of Maharashtra K Sankaranarayanan
at Raj Bhavan.
The Ambassador said that the Olympic associations of
India and Croatia are going to sign an agreement for
cooperation in sports shortly, a Raj Bhavan release said.
Velic informed the Governor that there is an exceptional
interest among Croatians in Hindi and Sanskrit languages.
In order to promote mutual understanding of the people
of the two countries, efforts are being made to translate the
writings in Hindi in Croatian language and Croatian writings
in Hindi, he said.
The Croatian Ambassador presented the Governor a copy
of a Hindi book - Croatian Sahitya, containing selected prose
and poems by eminent Croatian writers.
The book has been published by the Embassy with
cooperation from the University of Zagreb and University of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly