Cross-border firing along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Cross-border firing again erupted along the Indo-Pak border on a forward post in Hirangar sub-sector of Kathua district drawing retaliation from BSF troops, officials said on Thursday.
There was a cross-border firing on Papu check post between Border Outposts of Bobiyan and Karol Mathrian along the International Border in Hiranagar sub-sector last night.
BSF troops guarding the border also fired a few rounds following which the firing from across the border stopped.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the cross-border firing, they said.
Yesterday, a BSF head constable was injured in Pak firing at Bobiyan post in Hiranagar sub-sector.
There have been six incidents of cross-border firing on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam