Cross-border firing along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Cross-border firing again erupted along the Indo-Pak border on a forward post in Hirangar sub-sector of Kathua district drawing retaliation from BSF troops, officials said on Thursday.
There was a cross-border firing on Papu check post between Border Outposts of Bobiyan and Karol Mathrian along the International Border in Hiranagar sub-sector last night.
BSF troops guarding the border also fired a few rounds following which the firing from across the border stopped.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the cross-border firing, they said.
Yesterday, a BSF head constable was injured in Pak firing at Bobiyan post in Hiranagar sub-sector.
There have been six incidents of cross-border firing on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren