Cross-border firing along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Cross-border firing again erupted along the Indo-Pak border on a forward post in Hirangar sub-sector of Kathua district drawing retaliation from BSF troops, officials said on Thursday.
There was a cross-border firing on Papu check post between Border Outposts of Bobiyan and Karol Mathrian along the International Border in Hiranagar sub-sector last night.
BSF troops guarding the border also fired a few rounds following which the firing from across the border stopped.
There was no casualty or injury to anyone in the cross-border firing, they said.
Yesterday, a BSF head constable was injured in Pak firing at Bobiyan post in Hiranagar sub-sector.
There have been six incidents of cross-border firing on Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell