Cross border trade between India, Pak flourishing
Poonch: Flourishing cross border trade between India and Pakistan provides an impetus to people-to-people contact and gives boost to the confidence-building measure in Jammu and Kashmir.
Basheer Ahmed Lone, the custodian of cross LoC trade in Chakan Da Bagh, said that cross border trade has increased.
"The trade is flourishing. All the items in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), which were there for the last one and half years, are still there. The number of vehicles is expected to reduce over the months of June, July and August, but at present the flow of trade is good. We have witnessed a rise in the trade," he said.
Liberalising heavily restricted trade and investment flows has encouraged peace efforts between India and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened