Cross border trade between India, Pak flourishing
Poonch: Flourishing cross border trade between India and Pakistan provides an impetus to people-to-people contact and gives boost to the confidence-building measure in Jammu and Kashmir.
Basheer Ahmed Lone, the custodian of cross LoC trade in Chakan Da Bagh, said that cross border trade has increased.
"The trade is flourishing. All the items in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), which were there for the last one and half years, are still there. The number of vehicles is expected to reduce over the months of June, July and August, but at present the flow of trade is good. We have witnessed a rise in the trade," he said.
Liberalising heavily restricted trade and investment flows has encouraged peace efforts between India and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016