Crowds keep away from Kejriwal`s fast
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite fast urging people not to pay "inflated" power and water bills entered the third day but crowds kept away even as he defended the low turnout saying the real work is to reach out to people and not large numbers at the protest venue.
Kejriwal said he was in good shape and there is no concern about his health.
"Crowd is not needed at the protest spot. The work of volunteers and people who agreed with the movement was to spread out to every corner of the city to urge people to rise and revolt against the injustice of unfairly hiked water and electricity rates," he said.
"What are you so scared about? Why can`t you unite and throw out the henchmen of discoms when they come to your neighbourhoods to snap your electricity connections?" he said.
In a statement, AAP said a total of 1.12 lakh people have expressed their support for Kejriwal`s Civil Disobedience Movement.
"75,737 more protest letters to Sheila Dikshit were signed on Sunday taking the final count to 1,12,478. Through the letters people are urging the Chief Minister to put a stop to corruption and hence spiralling prices of basic commodities like water and electricity which is burning a hole in the pockets of common man," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands