Crowds keep away from Kejriwal`s fast
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite fast urging people not to pay "inflated" power and water bills entered the third day but crowds kept away even as he defended the low turnout saying the real work is to reach out to people and not large numbers at the protest venue.
Kejriwal said he was in good shape and there is no concern about his health.
"Crowd is not needed at the protest spot. The work of volunteers and people who agreed with the movement was to spread out to every corner of the city to urge people to rise and revolt against the injustice of unfairly hiked water and electricity rates," he said.
"What are you so scared about? Why can`t you unite and throw out the henchmen of discoms when they come to your neighbourhoods to snap your electricity connections?" he said.
In a statement, AAP said a total of 1.12 lakh people have expressed their support for Kejriwal`s Civil Disobedience Movement.
"75,737 more protest letters to Sheila Dikshit were signed on Sunday taking the final count to 1,12,478. Through the letters people are urging the Chief Minister to put a stop to corruption and hence spiralling prices of basic commodities like water and electricity which is burning a hole in the pockets of common man," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack