CRPF commanders graded as a `morale booster`
New Delhi: Grading company commanders for
undertaking effective patrols and other tasks and encouraging
them to reach out to locals are some of the steps being taken
by the CRPF which is leading anti-Naxal operations in the
"Our company commanders and commanding officers are
encouraged to take effective patrols. The incentive for
undertaking good operations is graded and reflected on a
colour scale which acts as a morale booster," CRPF Director
General K Vijay Kumar said.
The performance is graded in colours with green indicating
the best and red the worst.
Kumar, a 1975-batch Tamil Nadu cadre IPS officer, is known
for his meticulous planning of operations and his stint as the
commander of the Special Task Force (STF) saw the dreaded
sandalwood smuggler Veerapan being eliminated in 2004.
"Before undertaking operations, the commanders have to
ensure the most essential point-- backup and rescue plan. I
have entrusted my officers on the ground to take independent
decisions without being drawn into approvals from higher-ups,"
Kumar, who has himself joined his troops during a couple of
ambushes in Chhattisgarh and other states, said.
Kumar said he is asking his men to understand and
respect the people, the jungles and areas they inhabit, or
else they will be "spit out".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'