CRPF constable killed in Maoist-triggered blast
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A CRPF constable was
on Saturday killed when the Maoists triggered a landmine blast in
Constable Basu Matari died on the spot after the blast
triggered by the Maoists at Jhumra hills, CRPF Commandant MI
Malik told newsmen here.
The explosion took place when CRPF personnel were
removing Maoist posters calling for boycott of panchayat polls
at Jamuni Jara near the hills, he added.
The police had found posters by the Maoists calling
for boycott of rural polls in Lohardaga and Gumla districts
earlier this week.
The five-phase panchayat poll in the state begins
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr