CRPF constable killed in Maoist-triggered blast
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A CRPF constable was
on Saturday killed when the Maoists triggered a landmine blast in
Constable Basu Matari died on the spot after the blast
triggered by the Maoists at Jhumra hills, CRPF Commandant MI
Malik told newsmen here.
The explosion took place when CRPF personnel were
removing Maoist posters calling for boycott of panchayat polls
at Jamuni Jara near the hills, he added.
The police had found posters by the Maoists calling
for boycott of rural polls in Lohardaga and Gumla districts
earlier this week.
The five-phase panchayat poll in the state begins
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!