CRPF deploys SAF commandos in forests of Dantewada
Jagdalpur: CRPF on Sunday deployed commandos of
the Special Armed Force (SAF) in the Naxal-infested forests of
Dantewada in Chhattisgarh where Maoists had trapped and gunned
down 76 security personnel earlier this week.
Five platoons (about 150 personnel) of SAF, the erstwhile
CoBRA wing of CRPF, have been sent as a reinforcement and to
assist the 62nd Battalion, official sources said.
The Naxals ambushed and wiped out almost the entire
strength of the CRPF company of the 62nd Battalion Tuesday in
the deadliest attack on security forces.
Presently, seven companies of this battalion (more
than 1,000 personnel) are operating in various districts of
A CRPF battalion has seven companies with an approximate
strength of 125 personnel in each. The operational strength of
a company is around 80 personnel with other service ranks.
Following the attack, the CRPF was mulling to move the
present battalion to its headquarters in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation