CRPF deploys SAF commandos in forests of Dantewada
Jagdalpur: CRPF on Sunday deployed commandos of
the Special Armed Force (SAF) in the Naxal-infested forests of
Dantewada in Chhattisgarh where Maoists had trapped and gunned
down 76 security personnel earlier this week.
Five platoons (about 150 personnel) of SAF, the erstwhile
CoBRA wing of CRPF, have been sent as a reinforcement and to
assist the 62nd Battalion, official sources said.
The Naxals ambushed and wiped out almost the entire
strength of the CRPF company of the 62nd Battalion Tuesday in
the deadliest attack on security forces.
Presently, seven companies of this battalion (more
than 1,000 personnel) are operating in various districts of
A CRPF battalion has seven companies with an approximate
strength of 125 personnel in each. The operational strength of
a company is around 80 personnel with other service ranks.
Following the attack, the CRPF was mulling to move the
present battalion to its headquarters in Lucknow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!