CRPF deploys SAF commandos in forests of Dantewada
Jagdalpur: CRPF on Sunday deployed commandos of
the Special Armed Force (SAF) in the Naxal-infested forests of
Dantewada in Chhattisgarh where Maoists had trapped and gunned
down 76 security personnel earlier this week.
Five platoons (about 150 personnel) of SAF, the erstwhile
CoBRA wing of CRPF, have been sent as a reinforcement and to
assist the 62nd Battalion, official sources said.
The Naxals ambushed and wiped out almost the entire
strength of the CRPF company of the 62nd Battalion Tuesday in
the deadliest attack on security forces.
Presently, seven companies of this battalion (more
than 1,000 personnel) are operating in various districts of
A CRPF battalion has seven companies with an approximate
strength of 125 personnel in each. The operational strength of
a company is around 80 personnel with other service ranks.
Following the attack, the CRPF was mulling to move the
present battalion to its headquarters in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption