CRPF deploys SAF commandos in forests of Dantewada
Jagdalpur: CRPF on Sunday deployed commandos of
the Special Armed Force (SAF) in the Naxal-infested forests of
Dantewada in Chhattisgarh where Maoists had trapped and gunned
down 76 security personnel earlier this week.
Five platoons (about 150 personnel) of SAF, the erstwhile
CoBRA wing of CRPF, have been sent as a reinforcement and to
assist the 62nd Battalion, official sources said.
The Naxals ambushed and wiped out almost the entire
strength of the CRPF company of the 62nd Battalion Tuesday in
the deadliest attack on security forces.
Presently, seven companies of this battalion (more
than 1,000 personnel) are operating in various districts of
A CRPF battalion has seven companies with an approximate
strength of 125 personnel in each. The operational strength of
a company is around 80 personnel with other service ranks.
Following the attack, the CRPF was mulling to move the
present battalion to its headquarters in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'