CRPF jawan cremated with full state honours in Madhya Pradesh
Sehore (Madhya Pradesh): A tearful adieu with full state honours was given to martyred CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya on Friday, at his ancestral village of Shahpura, in Icchhawar tehsil of Madhya Pradesh`s Sehore district.
Lok Sabha opposition leader Sushma Swaraj and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan led mourners who converged in large numbers for his cremation.
Paying rich tributes to the killed CRPF jawan, Swaraj said that she had a lot of respect for Mardaniya`s parents who gave birth to a brave person like him.
Addressing the mourners on the occasion, Chouhan said that it is high time for India to teach a lesson to those playing with the country`s security.
He announced that a memorial will be constructed in Shahpura to honour Mardaniya`s sacrifices for the nation as well as an ex-gratia payment of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and a plot to his wife at Sehore or Bhopal, which will be given by the state government.
He also said that the CRPF has transferred Mardaniya`s brother Ramnarayan Mardaniyam also a CRPF constable to Bhopal, so that he could take care of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla