CRPF jawan cremated with full state honours in Madhya Pradesh
Sehore (Madhya Pradesh): A tearful adieu with full state honours was given to martyred CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya on Friday, at his ancestral village of Shahpura, in Icchhawar tehsil of Madhya Pradesh`s Sehore district.
Lok Sabha opposition leader Sushma Swaraj and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan led mourners who converged in large numbers for his cremation.
Paying rich tributes to the killed CRPF jawan, Swaraj said that she had a lot of respect for Mardaniya`s parents who gave birth to a brave person like him.
Addressing the mourners on the occasion, Chouhan said that it is high time for India to teach a lesson to those playing with the country`s security.
He announced that a memorial will be constructed in Shahpura to honour Mardaniya`s sacrifices for the nation as well as an ex-gratia payment of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and a plot to his wife at Sehore or Bhopal, which will be given by the state government.
He also said that the CRPF has transferred Mardaniya`s brother Ramnarayan Mardaniyam also a CRPF constable to Bhopal, so that he could take care of the family.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires