CRPF jawan cremated with full state honours in Madhya Pradesh
Sehore (Madhya Pradesh): A tearful adieu with full state honours was given to martyred CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya on Friday, at his ancestral village of Shahpura, in Icchhawar tehsil of Madhya Pradesh`s Sehore district.
Lok Sabha opposition leader Sushma Swaraj and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan led mourners who converged in large numbers for his cremation.
Paying rich tributes to the killed CRPF jawan, Swaraj said that she had a lot of respect for Mardaniya`s parents who gave birth to a brave person like him.
Addressing the mourners on the occasion, Chouhan said that it is high time for India to teach a lesson to those playing with the country`s security.
He announced that a memorial will be constructed in Shahpura to honour Mardaniya`s sacrifices for the nation as well as an ex-gratia payment of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and a plot to his wife at Sehore or Bhopal, which will be given by the state government.
He also said that the CRPF has transferred Mardaniya`s brother Ramnarayan Mardaniyam also a CRPF constable to Bhopal, so that he could take care of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das