CRPF jawan cremated with full state honours in Madhya Pradesh
Sehore (Madhya Pradesh): A tearful adieu with full state honours was given to martyred CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya on Friday, at his ancestral village of Shahpura, in Icchhawar tehsil of Madhya Pradesh`s Sehore district.
Lok Sabha opposition leader Sushma Swaraj and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan led mourners who converged in large numbers for his cremation.
Paying rich tributes to the killed CRPF jawan, Swaraj said that she had a lot of respect for Mardaniya`s parents who gave birth to a brave person like him.
Addressing the mourners on the occasion, Chouhan said that it is high time for India to teach a lesson to those playing with the country`s security.
He announced that a memorial will be constructed in Shahpura to honour Mardaniya`s sacrifices for the nation as well as an ex-gratia payment of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and a plot to his wife at Sehore or Bhopal, which will be given by the state government.
He also said that the CRPF has transferred Mardaniya`s brother Ramnarayan Mardaniyam also a CRPF constable to Bhopal, so that he could take care of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad