CRPF jawan cremated with full state honours in Madhya Pradesh
Sehore (Madhya Pradesh): A tearful adieu with full state honours was given to martyred CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya on Friday, at his ancestral village of Shahpura, in Icchhawar tehsil of Madhya Pradesh`s Sehore district.
Lok Sabha opposition leader Sushma Swaraj and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan led mourners who converged in large numbers for his cremation.
Paying rich tributes to the killed CRPF jawan, Swaraj said that she had a lot of respect for Mardaniya`s parents who gave birth to a brave person like him.
Addressing the mourners on the occasion, Chouhan said that it is high time for India to teach a lesson to those playing with the country`s security.
He announced that a memorial will be constructed in Shahpura to honour Mardaniya`s sacrifices for the nation as well as an ex-gratia payment of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and a plot to his wife at Sehore or Bhopal, which will be given by the state government.
He also said that the CRPF has transferred Mardaniya`s brother Ramnarayan Mardaniyam also a CRPF constable to Bhopal, so that he could take care of the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back