CRPF jawan loses vision in Naxal attack in Dantewada
New Delhi: 21-year old Aditya Singh may not be
able to see his family members again as he has lost his vision
in the brutal attack by Naxals who gouged out one of his
eyeballs while seriously damaging the other in Dantewada.
Doctors at AIIMS here are trying hard to restore the
vision of this young soldier but there is little hope as one
eyeball was missing while another suffered severe injuries.
A team of doctors under the supervision of Dr Tushar
Agarwal, assistant professor, ophthalmology, AIIMS conducted
the reconstructive surgery of both the eyes last night to
restore whatever little vision he may live with.
"We have conducted the primary repair surgery for the
right eye and reconstructive surgery of the left eye. He has
lost his left eye sight and attempts are on to restore sight
in the right eye," a doctor with AIIMS opthalmology department
"When we opened his bandage, we found that his left
eyeball missing. The back side of the retina of the right eye
was severely damaged. There was a detachment of the retina,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days