CRPF jawan loses vision in Naxal attack in Dantewada
New Delhi: 21-year old Aditya Singh may not be
able to see his family members again as he has lost his vision
in the brutal attack by Naxals who gouged out one of his
eyeballs while seriously damaging the other in Dantewada.
Doctors at AIIMS here are trying hard to restore the
vision of this young soldier but there is little hope as one
eyeball was missing while another suffered severe injuries.
A team of doctors under the supervision of Dr Tushar
Agarwal, assistant professor, ophthalmology, AIIMS conducted
the reconstructive surgery of both the eyes last night to
restore whatever little vision he may live with.
"We have conducted the primary repair surgery for the
right eye and reconstructive surgery of the left eye. He has
lost his left eye sight and attempts are on to restore sight
in the right eye," a doctor with AIIMS opthalmology department
"When we opened his bandage, we found that his left
eyeball missing. The back side of the retina of the right eye
was severely damaged. There was a detachment of the retina,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional