CRPF jawan loses vision in Naxal attack in Dantewada
New Delhi: 21-year old Aditya Singh may not be
able to see his family members again as he has lost his vision
in the brutal attack by Naxals who gouged out one of his
eyeballs while seriously damaging the other in Dantewada.
Doctors at AIIMS here are trying hard to restore the
vision of this young soldier but there is little hope as one
eyeball was missing while another suffered severe injuries.
A team of doctors under the supervision of Dr Tushar
Agarwal, assistant professor, ophthalmology, AIIMS conducted
the reconstructive surgery of both the eyes last night to
restore whatever little vision he may live with.
"We have conducted the primary repair surgery for the
right eye and reconstructive surgery of the left eye. He has
lost his left eye sight and attempts are on to restore sight
in the right eye," a doctor with AIIMS opthalmology department
"When we opened his bandage, we found that his left
eyeball missing. The back side of the retina of the right eye
was severely damaged. There was a detachment of the retina,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says