CRPF jawans to get barracks to live tents
New Delhi: CRPF jawans can now look forward to get rid of staying in tents and dilapidated structures as the force has rolled out a massive plan to construct and
provide permanent barracks to all its troopers deployed on operational duties across the country.
A large number of jawans of the country`s largest paramilitary force live in tents and other such temporary structures in the absence of permanent barracks at their place of duty.
Such conditions had earlier led CRPF troopers contracting life threatening diseases. They live in unhygienic environment at various places in the country, including in the jungles of Northeast and Naxal-affected states.
The force, which has close to three lakh personnel in more than 200 battalions, has also begun constructing family quarters for the families of the personnel and the officers to bring the housing satisfaction level in the force to one-third of the total strength.
"The satisfaction level of family quarters at present is 13.45 percent against the authorisation of 25.37 percent. Sanctions for construction of 1,714 family quarters worth Rs 190.27 crore has been accorded to the force," official data of the CRPF said.
"27,810 deficient family quarters and 145 deficient barracks are being constructed through public-private partnership scheme via the Home Ministry at various CRPF campuses. And thereafter the force will have the desired satisfaction level of 25.37 percent in family accommodation and 100 percent satisfaction among inhabitants of barracks. This is expected to be achieved soon," a senior CRPF officer said.
"A number of small detachments in the forms of companies (about 100 personnel) and platoons (around 25 personnel) are deployed across the country. It is essential that these troops get a decent place to live so that they are cheerful and disease free for discharge of their duties.”
"We expect the barracks to be constructed soon whereas we also want to construct more establishments of the force so that family housing satisfaction level can be raised from 25 percent to about 40 percent in the near future," the CRPF officer said.
At present 30,067 family quarters have been constructed and 8,340 quarters are under construction as against the authorisation of 72,463 houses under the same category, the officer said.
The issue of permanent accommodation and barracks has been plaguing the mammoth force for a long time even as its jawans are deployed for various types of duties like conduct of elections, anti-riots and crowd control, security of VIPs and strategic installations.
The force is also acquiring 4,047 acres of land at various places in the country for opening new zonal, sector and range headquarters, group centres and battalion camping sites among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared