CRPF launches massive anti-Naxal operation involving 40 thousand security personnel
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has launched a massive anti-Naxal operations in the states of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, reports said on Friday.
As per reports, nearly 40,000 security personnel will be involved in the operation against the Maoists over the next four days.
Police forces in these eight states are said to be assisting the CRPF.
All India Radio quoted CRPF Director General Dilip Trivedi, as saying that the idea behind the security operation was to prevent Naxals from fleeing into neighbouring territories from their own original places of stay.
Once the operation is over, he said that an analysis would be done on its impact and outcome, and whether there is a need for conducting future offensives of this nature.
The ITBP, BSF and SSB are also participating in the operation. BSF and IAF helicopters have been positioned for air droppings and evacuation.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days