CRPF launches massive anti-Naxal operation involving 40 thousand security personnel
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has launched a massive anti-Naxal operations in the states of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, reports said on Friday.
As per reports, nearly 40,000 security personnel will be involved in the operation against the Maoists over the next four days.
Police forces in these eight states are said to be assisting the CRPF.
All India Radio quoted CRPF Director General Dilip Trivedi, as saying that the idea behind the security operation was to prevent Naxals from fleeing into neighbouring territories from their own original places of stay.
Once the operation is over, he said that an analysis would be done on its impact and outcome, and whether there is a need for conducting future offensives of this nature.
The ITBP, BSF and SSB are also participating in the operation. BSF and IAF helicopters have been positioned for air droppings and evacuation.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!